Monday, September 17, 2012

N+S Wedding Cupcakes

If I had to describe this wedding in 5 words or less it would be Rock-N-Roll Glam.  And. I. Loved. It.  Black and white linens, a disco ball, vintage crystal plate stands and table ware, chandeliers and candelabras, and tall white flower table centerpieces decorated the American Legion ballroom.  The band almost had me dancing while setting up the cupcakes as they did sound check playing Phish's "Fire On the Mountain."  And with Maple-Bacon as one of the cupcake flavors, who wouldn't have fun at this wedding?!?

 The spread.  The stands in the center were reserved for Kuchen Bars that had yet to arrive while I was setting up.  One was marked rhubarb.  I would love to have tried it!


 Mandarin Orange cupcakes with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
The orange flavored ROCK candy on top was a nod to the groom.  He's in a band.
 

 Here they are.  The Maple-Bacon cupcakes you've been hearing about if you're a fan on face book.  A vanilla cupcake made with brown sugar to taste more like a pancake.  Maple butter cream with pure maple syrup made in Minnesota, of course.  And the best bacon I could get my hands on, cooked to a crisp and sprinkled on top.  I have a friend whose husband's family (to the 7th degree) owns a meat locker in Starbuck, MN.  His brother drove them all the way up here so I could use them for these cupcakes.  Bacon good!
 

Chocolate coffee cupcakes with brewed coffee and espresso in the batter, coffee in the frosting, and topped with a dark chocolate covered espresso bean. Yum!

 More cupcakes on stands.
 




 
The devil is in the details.  Loved these forks they had set up on the dessert table.  The glasses in the background reminded me of my Granny who had similar ones.  And oh those chandeliers!  So pretty!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment