Monday, June 3, 2013

Rustic Pink Wedding

This was one of my busiest weekends ever...so far.  I'm still trying to catch up on sleep.  But looking through these pictures today makes the fog clear a little and all the effort worth it!



This beautiful reception was held at the newly remodeled Radisson hotel in downtown Fargo.  Many of the displays, including the cake table, were rented from the fabulous Carrie over at Rustic Trunk. The mix of modern and rustic made the overall vibe relaxed and elegant.  But I have to say, my favorite part of the whole thing was the cake... 

 Maybe that's just because this cake took a part of me with it.
 
 Those are handmade fondant roses and carnations on top of a vanilla buttercream covered lemon cake, filled with raspberry buttercream.  Yes.  As yummy as it is pretty!
 
 I also liked the idea of lining the small drawer on the "Bernice" chest with cupcakes!
 
While I try my best to get most, if not all, the cupcakes out, I was only able to fit half of the 384 cupcakes on this display.  :/ 
 
 Those crates are pretty cool too!
 
 The cupcake flavors included Lemon-Raspberry (pink rose swirl), Vanilla Bean (petal flower design), Pink Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting (white rose swirl), and Chocolate (pink and green hydrangea design).
 
Some of them were accented with white and pink small fondant flowers.
 
 
Impressive candy bar!
 
 More displays from Rustic Trunk.
 
There you have it! There will be lots more weddings throughout June.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment