Friday, July 26, 2013

M+B Mountain Wedding Part 1: The Cakes

One of my dearest friends from college at UNC was married last weekend.  I was so excited for her big day; to see her so happy and shining and walking down the aisle to her prince.  Her beautiful wedding also meant my hubby and I got a weekend away in the mountains in TN.  And I was honored to bake cupcakes and a cutting cake for her...their day.

 Here is the final set up.  The colors for the wedding were brown and wasabi green, and there was a theme of "M+B" in hearts along with daisies, butterflies, and other natural elements. The cake is Vanilla Bean with Vanilla Buttercream, simply decorated with meander piping, a fondant round with "M+B" stamped on, and a fondant butterfly floating above.  It sat on top of a slice of tree.  How perfect for a mountain wedding.
 
Because I was baking for a good friend, I was given lots of design freedom.  I experimented with a new flavor, Vanilla Lavender cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting.  I think it went over well... 

Other flavors included Lemon with Raspberry Buttercream, Lime with Lime Cream Cheese frosting, and Chocolate with Chocolate Buttercream. Aren't those flavor cards darling?!  Would you believe my husband came up with that idea?!?  True story.

A close up of the cake. 

 
 And now we're ready for the cutting to begin...

They really are the cutest. 


Starting off neat and proper... 

Wha?!? 

Hehe.  Love them!  <3
 
Congratulations M + B!  Thank you so much for letting me be a part of you day.  It truly was an honor.
 
Now stay tuned for more from their beautiful mountain top wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment