Friday, October 18, 2013

Coral + Aqua Tasting Cupcakes

Confession:  For the millionth time, I'm a terrible blogger.  I've promised myself that I'm going to spend a little free time this fall and winter updating my blog with all the pretties from this summer.  I'll let you know next spring if I've accomplished this lofty goal.  ;)

I digress.

Today I had my second tasting in preparation for Summer of 2014 Weddings.  The bride's colors are coral, aqua, and gray.  Venue, the beautiful Rustic Oaks. The flavor requests were White Almond (her favorite), Lemon-Raspberry, and Carrot Cake (to appease the groom who is a self-proclaimed non-sweets guy).   Other than wanting flowery cupcakes there were no other demands.  Here's what we came up with...

Man.  I love tastings.  I still can't get over how stinkin' pretty these are.

 Fondant accessories we chose not to add.
 

 Teal hydrangea cupcake.  White Almond.
 
 I added a touch of peach to the typically pink-ish fresh raspberry buttercream to make coral colored frosted roses for the lemon cupcakes.
 
 On the far left is the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting and a coral candy bead on top.
 
 Petal flower cupcakes. 
 
There will be a few minor changes to make these even more awesome for their wedding.  Oh I can't wait to share the final product with you next summer!  'Til then, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment