Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sugar Cookies???

I have debated adding cut sugar cookies to my menu since pretty much day one.  And I still haven't made up my mind. Outside of making a few hundred for the cocktail hour at the wedding of some friends of ours, I only make them for our little family during the holidays.

The cons?  They. Are. So. Much. Work.  It is usually a two to three day process for me to make the dough, let it set, roll out, cut and bake, then frost and decorate. Not to mention they are a little more fragile in transporting and difficult to store than the cupcakes I'm used to.

The pros.  They are so darn cute when they're all done up!  And sooo yummy.  I kind of get in a trance when I'm decorating them.  They are a whole different beast than cupcakes.  There are rarely two that are just alike and that part appeals to my whimsical side.

So, what to do?  I'm still not sure.  Feel free to chime in with your thoughts on shaped sugar cookies.  In the meantime, I will leave you with these photos of some of our personal stash of sugar cookies.  Enjoy!





Our Valentine cookies this year.  (Since I didn't get around to making any at Christmas...)

Snowflake sugar cookies for a wedding cocktail hour.
Photo courtesy Merina Burda Photography.


Christmas cookies from two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment