Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Firetruck Birthday

One VERY special little boy celebrated his fifth birthday last weekend with a tour of the fire station, fun with LOTS of friends and family, and of course, fire truck cupcakes!  We had so much fun touring the fire house.  The fire men were all very friendly and kind considering 17 kids plus their parents invaded their surprisingly small space.  They gave the kids an informative demonstration and, best of all, let them play in the trucks!  Then everyone joined us here for present chaos and a sugar rush...before I sent them home for dinner...with whistles.  :)  


I used The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake recipe again here from The Cupcake Project.  It's sooo good!  Most cupcakes have chocolate frosting, by specific request, and a few have with vanilla almond butter cream...because I just like them better that way.  The toppers are all made from a mix of commercial and homemade fondant.  I'll admit, I don't do red homemade.  It's just too much...red.


 The fondant fire truck design is not an original design of mine.  I found it on a google search.  But I did make them all by hand.


A friend with an actual camera took these photos while I tended to party hosting duties.  I have good friends! 


I think that wall makes everything in this room look orange.  In two days though, that will change....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment