Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Angry Birds Party and Cupcakes

I hesitate sharing these cupcakes for fear of having to repeat them.  Then again, I'm not sure you could pay me enough to do that.  But there is no price tag on my son's happiness!   ;)  So maybe some diy-ers out there will find these inspring and make your own! 

My son's birthday is right after Christmas.  Poor kid.  By the time it rolls around, well, a) I am too tired to plan anything, b) I feel overwhelmed with all the Christmas "stuff" in our house, c) we are usually travlling, and d) on half of his birthdays he has been too sick to party anyway.  Ugh.  At best we wait until New Years and I make a cake to bring to our New Year's party.  But this year he was old enough to realize that his brother gets very well-planned, decorated, big shindig birthday parties and he wanted one for himself.  So a month later I combined our weekly playgroup gathering (it was my turn to host anyway) with his birthday party.  And the big kids were out of school so they could come too.  Win. Win. Win!

Here is our Angry Birds Birthday party.  And cupcakes too!

 This little guy was my favorite.
 
 These were fun to make.  I think...?
 
 Angry Birds
 
 I used some wooden play blocks the boys' grandpa made for them as the cupcake "stand."  I was rather proud of this idea.
 


The set up.  A mock sling shot with a bird ready to fly at those bad little piggies, and more lined up behind it.  No one actually got to knock down the tower of blocks and cupcakes.  And I'm a little surprised it didn't happen "accidentally."
 
Since I have a blog and am a person that perouses pinterest and other blogs for party ideas, I'd like to take this opportunity and share a few other non-cupcake things we did for his party.  Most of which are already on pinterest anyway, but I thought I'd share our version of them.  :)
 
 

Angy Bird Poop.  I made my own graphic for this because I didn't like the free printable ones I found online and was too cheap to pay for the other.  Printed on cardstock, cut and stapled to a little baggy of M&Ms.  I found the small bags at Michaels and the big bag of M&Ms at the dollar store.  Score!
 
 

My dear sweet husband on his day off before a busy week of work spent all morning on this pizza.  He is a good daddy.  And I love him for catering to my pinterest party obsession.

A bowling game.  Also found on pintrest.  We have a bowling set.  I bought green spray paint and paint markers to make them into piggies and angry bird bombs.  Then I realized for a third of the price I could just buy the cups, print, cut out, and stick on piggy stickers and accompany them with these not-going-to-break-anything-or-hurt-anyone balls from the dollar store.  $3 and done.  The kids loved them.  Especially stacking them when it wasn't their turn to bowl. 

And just for fun and because I had the goods (and I did it for brother's birthday party) I made them these shirts to wear.  Find an image online, print it out onto iron on transfer paper and iron on a white shirt.  They actually wash really well.  My boys wear them around the house all the time...when they're wearing shirts that is. 
 
Another thing I came across online that I don't have a picture of were these really cute color by number Angry Bird printables found here.  The kids loved them!
 
 
Thanks for joining our little Angry Birds party and Happy 4th Birthday to my Spirited Child!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment