Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hello 2013!!!


Soooo, I haven't posted since September.  Sorry blog.  The ugly truth is, I was ignoring you to post on the facebook page.  :/  But I'm back and I'll post a few repeat pictures of what I was busy doing over the last three months. 

But first, some exciting news!  The rental kitchen I will be baking from is finally finished!  Woo hoo!!!  I have a few ducks to get in rows and then I'll be a licensed baker.  Officially.  I'll spare you all the boring details for now.  But you can take a look at the kitchen space here.
http://www.squareonekitchens.com/index.php

And look for more about this journey here.  Or most likely on facebook.  Here.
www.facebook.com/LibbysCupcakesEtc

Now for those pretty pictures.

 Started out the holiday season with an open house with some lovely ladies and served these as samples.  White Amaretto Minis, Red Velvet Minis, and Peppermint Mocha Minis.

Did an order of Marble cupcakes for a birthday girl who loves basketball!

 Made about another million or so of the Mocha Peppermints. 
(Not really. But I probalby ate that many...)
 
 These were vegan!  Peppermint Mocha and Chai.
And I found a new love in the process.  Coconut spread.  <3
 

































Then it was cookie time.
Above, whole wheat ginger snaps.  Except they're more moist and chewy and snappy.
And classic peanutbutter cookies.




















Sugar cookies, of course.  I tried a new recipe for the glaze/frosting this year.  Despite what pinterest claimed, they did not stack well.  Or maybe I was too impatient.  Either way, I'll go back to my old recipe next year.
 

 

Pecan Sandies.  The way my Mom and Granny made them.  My daddy's favorite. <3
 
 
Egg nog cupcakes topped with nutmet and a ginger snap/chew.
 
 
 

And at some point I made these for a friend who sells Usborn books.
Chai.  Cookie Dough.  Chocolate with Caramel Fudge Frosting.
Yes.  I finally faced my fear of homemade caramel.  The first time it was marvelous.  The second?
Well, I made caramel, then tried to make caramel fudge.  After it didn't quite set, I made caramel fudge frosting.  It was delicious.  Lemonade that.
 
I hope you had a happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year!
 
Here's to lucky 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment