Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Truffula Tree 1st Birthday Cake

One year ago on Dr. Seuss' birthday one of my best friends welcomed her third baby into this world, a teensy bit by surprise.  Her older two stayed and played at our house.  I specifically remember having asparagus which none of the kids liked.  And I think we might have even watched The Lorax.  I remember getting the call that baby had arrived and sharing the picture text with two sleepy siblings.  It's so much fun to remember those little details of the day a child was born, even if this one's not my own.  And it's why I LOVE celebrating birthdays.  Sometimes it's okay to go overboard.  LIFE should be celebrated!!!

So cheers to L-bug on your first birthday!  Dr. Seuss style.  With a truffula tree cake.  And to many, many more!

 All photography by Kristen Seeger.
(Wow!!! And thank you!)
 
 Note: I actually didn't make these adorable pink cupcakes.  Only the cake.  :)
 
 After pinning many Dr. Seuss cakes, we decided on a simple one with colored cake layers, green butter cream frosting and straws and cotton candy truffula trees.  Since they were traveling, Mom added the trees when it was party time.
 
 If you haven't noticed, I have quite a few talented friends.  This little girl's mom is one of them.  She made the truffula tree shirt, skirt, and bib.  You can find much more on her etsy store here.
 
 Finally cutting into the inside.
Dyed white almond cake.  I heard the crumbs were scraped clean from the cake board.  :)
 
Sweet birthday girl!  Love you!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. My son just turned one yesterday and the party is this saturday. It's Dr. Seuss themed and I'm going to be doing a similar cake like this. :)

    ReplyDelete