Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Sister's Wedding

My sister is the reason I got into cakes and cupcakes.  She took a decorating class in our hometown in NC and did so well I thought, "I can do that."  So I did.  And she probably hates me for it; little sister wanting to do everything big sister does...still!  But at least she got her wedding cake and cupcakes out of the deal!  ;)

 Sister Love.

On a serious note, whether she knows it or not, my sister is an inspiration to me.  She has gone through trials in life with grace and humility and come out a better, stronger person.  When she met and eventually decided to marry her husband, I couldn't have been happier for both of them.  He is her perfect match.  They are both wonderful people who deserve every bit of happiness they bring to each other!  Yay!  (sniff, sniff)

 L.O.V.E. Love.

So I packed up the boys and a good part of my cake supplies and hopped on a plane back home to bake, decorate, coordinate, be a bossypants, and pretend to be a photographer.  Whew!  Good thing we had a beach trip planned for after the wedding! 

A few of the worker bees helping set up the tables (and putting up with my bossiness).


Here goes...

 My sister made the display!

 Side of the cake (got a little smashed in trasnport).

 Purple Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

 The favorite.  Mandarin Orange with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
My brother-in-law is Hawaiian.  This one was for him.

 Love the itty bitty black pearls as the center of the dogwood.

Vanilla Bean Cake with a pretty ruffle flower.


Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Butter Cream.

 Time to cut the cake!

 I like the people's expressions in the background.  Everyone has their mouth open.

 Vanilla Bean Cake.  I had the leftovers from their slices while we were cleaning up.  Don't tell!

 Ah, time to sit down and enjoy some cupcake...

and some fudge our other sister made.  We are a family that loves our sweets!

Congrats to my sister, her husband, and their beautiful (big!) family!

No comments:

Post a Comment