Sunday, August 26, 2012

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

This order was for a little boy celebrating a big day in his life; his first birthday and his baptism!  This is the first "smash cake" I've done and I was very excited to do it.  It is a six inch white almond two layer cake with vanilla almond butter cream frosting in blue ombre.  That's a mouthful.  The red "one" is made of fondant with a toothpick in it.  The cupcakes were also white almond and chocolate, both with vanilla almond butter cream and fondant toppers.  The trucks and a few other details were cut by hand but the others were cut with mini cookie cutters.  I like smaller orders where I can take time to focus on tiny little details.  I certainly couldn't do 200 of these, but 36 were a lot of fun to make!

 The Smash Cake!
 

 Blue Ombre.
 
 The Cupcakes.
 
 Vroom....
 
 Shwoosh...
 
Choo choo...
 
Apparently someone needs more adult time and less time in the basement with the plethora of miniature things that move and make noise.  I'll go make myself a cocktail now...  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment