Friday, August 10, 2012

Pretty July 4th Cupcakes

These were for no real reason at all.  In fact, I actually made these on July 9th.  Ha! I had some left over star fondant toppers to place on top of vanilla bean cupcakes baked in dark blue wrappers and Voila!  My husband took them over to our mechanic and his crew as a long over due thank you for staying open late on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend to replace a flat tire we'd gotten 30 miles out from town.  (I might of eaten 1 or 3 of the extras too...)  I hope the cupcakes were as awesome as they are!  We <3 our car guy!  And our country too!!!  :)

Simplicity.  All it takes are three different sized star cutters, a circle cutter, red, white, and blue fondant, and a pastry tip and you have ultra chic cupcakes to take to that BBQ for everyone to ooh and ahh over.





They also made for a really pretty table centerpiece.  I left them there until my boys woke up (and almost dove in for a taste) just to look at how pretty and festive they were.

Even though it was over a month ago, I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th.  Now you'll know what to make for next year!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment