Sunday, January 26, 2014

Silly Monsters Cupcake Decorating Class

I spent yesterday morning with a really delightful group of young kids and their helpful grown ups decorating cupcakes, silly monster style.  As always, it is so much fun to see their creativity grow and their personalities come out.  No two monsters were alike, just like their makers.  Here are a handful of photos (fuzzy and taken with my phone because I forgot my good camera) of their handiwork.

Little hands at work...

even the big hands couldn't resist.  ;)

This gal took her time, used different frostings for different features on each cupcake, even changed tips, and did almost everything by herself.  A future decorator perhaps?

Cute glasses!

Horns and hair.

I thought about including a mustache in my demo but didn't get to it.  I love that this little boy thought of it on his own.  He said this one was for his dad.  Very sweet.


I went to take a picture of her cupcakes and she quickly posed.  I'm guessing it's not the first time this cutie has seen a camera. 

Loved the "hair" on the bottom one and the "eyebrows" on the top.  Very creative use of supplies!

Some are mad, some are sad, and some are happy.  Hashtag real life!

So much fun!

The bottom right with the lips and the one eye reminds me of Mike Wozowski from Monsters Inc.

I see a kitty cat with whiskers and Cookie Monster.  Do you?
 
Thanks to everyone that attended this class.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!  :)
 
 
If you are local and missed this class (I know there are a few of you), I hope to do another one closer to Halloween.  Follow me on Facebook or check the class section of the Square One Kitchens website to stay updated.  The kids ages raged from 3 to 12.  Keep in mind that from ages 3-7 they need quite a bit of help, but 8 and up they are able to handle the pastry bags and do mostly everything on their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment