Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pinata Cupcakes

A friend of mine texted me over Christmas asking if I could make some piñata cupcakes for a family birthday party.  At first, I had no idea where to start.  Of course I turned to Pinterest right away but the all the results there were filled with candy which seemed to take so much away from the actual cupcake.  I don't like to waste what I've put so much effort in to making sooo....this is my version of the Pinata cupcake. 

The piñata her kids chose was a colorful star shaped one.  (Originally they were thinking the traditional burro.  The star is much easier, but the donkey would be fun to try some time too!)
The toppers on these are made from fondant and colored with edible ink marker.
 
*Note:  The below is my first attempt at a photo tutorial.  How on earth do you bloggers do these?  I much be really clumsy because I found taking photos while decorating cupcakes VERY DIFFICULT!  End Note.*  :)

Cut a small hole and fill with rainbow sugar pearls.

Aren't they fun?!


A little dollop in the center to build the swirl around.

 Start on the outside and circle outward a few times.
 

Add a few more mini rainbow sprinkles (not pictured) and...

Tada!  A fun surprise inside and still plenty of cupcake to enjoy with these piñata cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment