Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fruit Tart and Berry Cups

Is there anything better than a fresh fruit tart when the weather is warm?  I think not!  The local grocery store had a berry sale this week and I stocked up.  And since I found out today the recipe I use for the filling is on the back of the Hersey's white chocolate chip bag, I'll share it with you now.  :)

Crust:
Mix 3/4 cup of butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until crumbly.
Slowly add 1-1/2 cup AP flour.
Press into a fruit tart pan, bake at 300 degrees F for 25-30 mins and let cool.

Filling:
1 12oz pkg of white chocolate chips, melted and cooled.
Add 1/4 cup of whipping cream to cooled chocolate chips.
Then beat in 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese.
Eat all of it yourself that instant because who can help it and make a new batch for the tart.

Top with fresh cut fruit of your choice.  The recipe says to add a glaze of 3Tbs sugar + 2 tsp cornstarch and 1/2 tsp lemon juice.  Instead, I add a little lemon juice, a little sugar, and some fresh mint in with the fruit.  So yummy!

But because it's a beautiful day, instead of laboring over a massive fruit tart (which I do on special occasions) here's what I did...
Frozen Mini Fillo Shells.  So easy!
I get really excited when I can use fresh herbs from right outside my back door.

Strawberries are so pretty when photographed.


 Now if you'll excuse me, I have some devouring to do!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment