Friday, May 13, 2011

Three Easy Steps and A Very Busy Week

I had three events to bake for this week plus a beautiful new addition to the extended family which meant making time for out of town family visitors and keeping the new big brother!  It's been one crazy week!  With that said, I didn't stage my pictures this go round.  I just took them as I went.

(This is my version of a tutorial...for Clara.)  ;)
Step 1: Bake beautifully round, scrumptious cupcakes.

Step 2: Frost with equally beautiful scrumptious frosting.  ;)

Step 3: Decorate with pretty little fondant flowers you made earlier in the week.

These cupcakes are for a dear friend who is graduating today.  She worked so hard.  She deserves a sweet reward!

 Also....
...for another friend celebrating her tenure. (She had to explain to me the process and I felt kinda dumb after that.) :)     Very fragile Ghirardelli Chocolate shavings and curls on top of Chocolate (with a little bit of coffee) Cupcakes.  Yummy!  I also made Hummingbird Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting and Toasted Coconut to go with these but I didn't get to take a picture of those.  It was late and too dark...and I was too tired.

 My husband came home for lunch while I was baking these yesterday and said "How come you always make the chocolate ones for everybody else and not me?"  I don't know.  Did he miss the anniversary cupcakes I spent all afternoon on less than a week ago???  Well anyway, I ended up with 13 of these and he does pay the rent, so....
...you're welcome! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Someone (who I don't think reads this blog) used the word "scrumptious" tonight to describe the cupcakes above. That made me chuckle. And fill with pride...a little bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I came home to a cupcake like that every day or so, I would marry you all over too! They look scrumdilliptious!

    ReplyDelete