Sunday, May 22, 2011

Practice Cake

I made a practice cake today for a wedding coming up in June.  White fondant covered cakes are the hardest to do and that's what's on order.  So practice I must!  This was not perfect, but it was close.  The dots and roses on the actual cake will be different.  I just used what I had on hand for the accent.

The actual cake may have fresh roses or butter cream, I just wanted to give the fondant rose a try.  I had a good start when my little water or gumpaste "glue" cup spilled on the rolled out fondant (which ruins it) so I have half a rose.
I found this milk glass plate at the antique mall this week for $6.  I have since had it sitting on the table placing my cereal bowl or coffee cup on it just because it's so pretty makes me smile.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! I tried fondant once...never again. It is hard but the result is so nice!

    ReplyDelete