Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hippos

This is for a friend who sent me an etsy link with blue fondant hippos and asked if I could make some purple ones she could put atop cookies for her daughter's birthday.  I was so happy she asked.  It gave me something new to learn and allowed her to shop locally which I know is something she appreciates. 

 How cute are these???
 Surprisingly, at least to me, was that the hardest part was getting the eyes right.  I made at least double than what I needed.  Who knew that black circles inside white circles would be so challenging?  If they weren't exactly in the center and exactly round and exactly the same size, they looked goofy.  And these still turned out a little bit different on each hippo.  I guess that just gives them each their own personality.  :)
Happy Hippos!

No comments:

Post a Comment